), known in Geadish
(full name Κογνερηικ Γαυδλȣνδ
or Kogneraik Gaudlund
, pronounced /'kɔx.nə.ʁeɪk 'gaʊð.lʊnd/
), is a country located in the region of Esquarium
with a population of 29 million. The country borders on Luziyca
to the west and south and Namor
to the east.
Geadland is named after a Germanic tribe called the Geads (Geadish: Gaudens) with the Geadish language being descended from Old Norse, but written with a modified version of the Greek Alphabet. The country also has a protected Swedish-speaking community which is concentrated on the northern island of Leghel and in neighbouring Horgalund. Geadland is one of the most densely populated countries in Esquarium, with a landscape consisting primarily of low-lying coast plains, islands and polders, though there are mountain ranges on the country's borders. Over a third of the population live on islands.
The country has the oldest monarchy in the region, which has reigned for 700 years save for an interruption from 1848-1868, usually sharing power with the Storting, Esquarium's oldest elected parliament. Modern Geadland is a constitutional monarchy, a parliamentary democracy, a unitary state and a founding member of the Esquarian Community. The capital city is Da Hegner, the third-largest city. More...
- The IIwiki Server has been upgraded to handle all the increased demand!
- Issues involving Lua such as "Template:Infobox political post" seem to be resolved. Requests for new template importations are now being accepted.
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines has been increase from five to seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- The Standards and Conventions page has recently been created. Please review before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.