Automotive industry in Anikatia
|This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.|
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
The automotive industry in Anikatia is one of the most prominent and largest industries in Pardes. While its initial operations were merely the assembling of parts imported from foreign companies, Anikatia is today among the largest automobile-producing countries in the world. In the 2000s, the industry manufactured numerous in-house models, demonstrating not only its capabilities in terms of design, performance, and technology, but also signalling its coming of age.
The history of the Anikatian automotive industry began as firms from colonial ruler Belfras setup local automotive assemblers. By 1951 as Anikatia gained full independence from Belfras the new government sought to develop a local automobile industry. It announced an "Automobile Industry Policy" in 1952, and then a Automobile Industry Protection Act to help protect the fledgling industry. Foreign automakers were barred from operating in Anikatia during this period, except in joint ventures with local business entities. These government's efforts attracted powerful established companies to entering the industry, and the formation of new startups.
1950 to 1960
In 1951, Azumakya Motors Automobiles launched the Azumakya Saeloun under a technical licensing agreement with Prestonian automaker Mitaishi. Three companies were established in 1952: Daesung Precision Industry, which changed its name to "Daisuma", and started assembling cars in cooperation with Mizuma in 1954; Heohsu Automobile Industry Co. (the predecessor of Huadai Motor Company); and Maisima Automobile, established with the technical cooperation of Otomo; it was the first automaker in Anikatia that was equipped with modern assembly facilities. The Chegui Motors Company was established in 1955 with the technical cooperation of the Hunter Motor Company. However, all these companies were then merely automotive assemblers, importing parts from overseas partners.
This was a period of rapid growth and development for Anikatian automotive industry, For the first decade auto production was fairly limited, and until 1959 most production consisted of trucks and off-road vehicles. Thereafter passenger cars dominated the market. Anikatian designs also continued to imitate or be derived from Belfrasian or Emmerian designs. Exports were fairly limited in the early 1950s, but by the 1960s exports of passenger cars began to increase substantially compared to the previous decade. Rapidly increasing domestic demand and the expansion of Anikatian car companies into foreign markets in the 1970s further accelerated growth. During this period Anikatian vehicles earn a reputation for their reliability and low running costs, although there were some issues with this early models such as rust which was a major problem. However, the Anikatian automobile industry suffered greatly from the 1968 revolution, and the consequent loss of many foreign investments and assistance from Free Pardes nations. The government took action to resolve this difficult situation in 1969 by implementing the "Automobile Industry Restoration Policy", the objective of which was to prevent excessive competition between the major domestic automakers. Additionally, the government postponed and limited forigen imports in response to sanctions and blockages from Free Pardes.
1970 to 1980
While localisation of auto parts was the major concern during the 1950s, developing mass production system for the export-oriented industry became the issue during the 1960s. Initially on the international market Anikatian vehicles were were successful due largely because of their low price and relative reliability. But with this early success in the export market, Anikatian companies had to place greater effort to produce models, designed fully in-house and manufactured with its own technology, as the socialist revolution of 1968 had led to a great loss of much foreign investment and assistance that was only partially recovered from assistance and markets of members of the Koskazgan Cooperative and few nations such as Estovakiva that continued trade and assistance.
1990 to present
Exports remained low towards nations of Free Pardes, while some success was found in the Ashizwe and socialist markets. This was to change under the huge reforms undertaken to liberalise and restructure the economy of the DSRA in 1993 by General Secretary Choi Kyu-sik, these allowed Anikatian automobiles to achieve a greater degree of exposure. However, by this time the local vehicles were often not to the standards of quality required and often had issues and most vehicles were somewhat lacking in most luxuries expected in Western-made cars of its era and were instead sold as 'no-frills' budget vehicles in several Western nations during the 1990s and 2000s. This led to DSRA vehicles having a poor reputation in the internationally and has been a issue Anikatian automotive brands have struggled to overcome. The socialist governments efforts to bring costs down for ownership, quality and reliability of DSRA era vehicles suffered. As time caught up with the poor reputation of DSRA vehicles, sales dropped drastically, and car dealerships started abandoning their franchises. By 2001 the DSRA collapsed and the Republic of Anikatia was restored. The nation successfully transitioned towards a mixed market economy and with the help of PMF loans, which assisted in the restructure of the automotive industry to make it more competitive in the international export markets. As investment poured into the nation and markets opened, local automotive firms began investing heavily in the quality, design, manufacturing, and long-term research of there vehicles in 2001. This effort paid dividends for the nation, and by 2009 Anikatian companies were once again rated highly in initial brand quality and export sales have recovered substantially reflecting this new changes. Today Anikatian brands have retaken their position as quality vehicles in the international market with a number of brands even becoming some of the largest within Pardes.
- DN Group
- Huadai Group
- Maisima Motor Corporation
- Bulgakko Heavy Industries