|This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.|
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
|Realm of Chorea
"Revere the Monarch, Expel the Barbarians"
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Government||Absolute Monarchy under Regency|
|GDP (PPP)||2016 estimate|
|GDP (nominal)||2016 estimate|
|Gini (2016)|| ???
Error: Invalid Gini value
|HDI (2016)|| ???
Error: Invalid HDI value
|Time zone||various (UTC?)|
|-||Summer (DST)||not observed (UTC?)|
|Drives on the||left|
Chorea (兆厘 Jori), formally the Realm of Chorea (Chorean: 兆厘国 Jori-guk) is a sovereign nation in northeastern Borea, bordered by Tava to the south, XXX (Koyro?) to the west, and the Tuthinan Sea to the east.
[Summary of Economic and Social Stats]
[Membership in International Organizations]
The name Chorea derives from the Chorean word 兆厘 Jori, the language's name for the country. The concept and theme of Jori - roughly but literally translating to "milliard feet", but otherwise poetic euphemism for a very long distance in the Chorean language - features prominently throughout the mythology and history of Chorea.
According to the creation myth of the Chorean people, Josa swam the seas for a jori to reach the lands of the fairies, while Imbime - daughter of the fairy king - descended from the immense jori tree where they dwelled. The two had their first mutual encounter at the foot of the jori mountains. Later, they were separated by a distance of jori from each other - Josa himself would march another jori to find Imbime.
Jori again features prominently in the narrative regarding the life of Chorea's founder, Yi ui Gok, who in his youth was mockingly challenged by his enemies to brave a distance of jori to ever hope of succeeding. When he finally founded Chorea and became monarch, Jori was exactly what he named the newly-founded kingdom.
[people make fire ug ug suddenly civilization]
Medieval and Early Modern History
- Yi ui Gok unified Chorea, establishing the Yi dynasty. Year of establishment not yet concrete, depending on what would happen to Koyro.
- First thing done by the King: the creation of the Yullyeong law system - the basis for most subsequent government forms in Chorea.
- 1428, Yi dynasty overthrown by Cho Han - a Yi general, the Cho dynasty established. The period between the Cho and the Kae is considered that of moshigi cultural, and later political, domination.
- The country flourished until 1497, when it began three decades of slow decline, culminating in the throne being usurped for 6 years in 1527.
- The two Daejus from the clans of Kae and Pye helped "restore" the King to the throne, but at the same time wrestled for control over the government. They eventually waged the Kaepye War, with the Kae under Kae Pyongchon emerging victorious in 1778 and the Pye reduced from their noble status.
- In 1801, an arranged marriage between the Cho monarch - daughter of the last King - with his nephew, the Kae Daeju consolidated his power. His niece-in-law abdicated, and his nephew became King.
- In 1802, the Daeju suddenly died. His nephew, the King, grasped the opportunity to launch sweeping reforms, transforming Chorea from a military dictatorship into an absolute monarchy, thereby securing his power. The moshigi started to become increasingly irrelevant.
- 1835. The King abdicated in favor of his son, who initiated a round of reforms in all spheres - notably, the creation of standing national armed forces. The moshigi was given the choice between joining the new armed forces or disband and participate in the economic sphere.
- 1844. Increasing humiliation and anger resulted in the Moshigi Rebellion, which lasted for nine months and ended in failure.
- Fast forward to the 20th century, where Chorea had grown stagnant. Its economy fared terribly, and the population was less than content. Between 1920 and 1940, many protests and occasions of republicanism-inspired violence occurred - the most active participants were reportedly descendants of members of the disbanded moshigi.
- Pye Mun-cho, a member of the disgraced Pye clan inspired by the success of republican movements abroad, rose and became the leader of the republican movement. Starting from 1940, he started gaining a lot of traction among the disillusioned populace.
- In January 1946, the throne passed on to the 16-year-old Kae Jong-ye, who ascended as King Sichon. Grasping the opportunity, the republicans launched an all-out rebellion against the monarchy.
- The rebellion lasted until 1949, and was the bloodiest conflict in Chorean history, typified by the violence and massacres perpetrated by the republicans against the citizenry - especially the monarchists.
- With the monarchy ultimately safeguarded, King Sichon declared the defeated republicans "barbarians", and thus proclaimed himself the "Barbarian-Expelling Great Emperor" and replaced the "Great King" appellation of his ancestors with "Great Emperor".
- The monarch promulgated laws to further secure his dynasty's absolute power and reformed the armed forces. He died in 1999, leaving the throne to his 48-year-old son.
- His son died in 2012, survived by one sole daughter, aged 11. The nation has been governed by a regency council since.
- Ministry of the Center 中務省 Sokil-seong [속일성]
- Ministry of Civil Appointments 式部省 Sikbu-seong [식부성]
- Ministry of the Economy 経済省 Gyeongje-seong [경제성]
- Ministry of Education 教育省 Gyoguk-seong [교육성]
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs 外務省 Oemu-seong [외무성]
- Ministry of Healthcare 医療省 Uiryo-seong [의료성]
- Ministry of the Inner Palace 宮内省 Gungnae-seong [궁내성]
- Ministry of Militant Affairs 兵部省 Byeongbu-seong [병부성]
- Ministry of the Police 警察省 Gyeongchal-seong [경찰성]
- Ministry of Popular Affairs 民部省 Minbu-seong [민부성]
- Ministry of Punishments 刑部省 Hyeongbu-seong [형부성]
- Ministry of Revenue 大蔵省 Keungot-seong [큰곳성]
- Ministry of Rites 治部省 Chibu-seong [치부성]
- Ministry of Transportation 交通省 Gyotong-seong [교통성]
- Prime Minister 内閣総理 Naegak Chongni
- Ministers 大臣 Daesin
- The General Bureau of Intelligence 情報総局 Jeongbo Chongguk
- Headquartered in the Mist Pavilion 霜台 Sangdae
- The Royal University of Chorea (TRUC) 兆厘国学寮 Jori Gukhakyo