Error creating thumbnail: File missing
An AMX Napoleon Series III main battle tank
|Type||Main battle tank|
|Place of origin||Sieuxerr|
|Unit cost||$8,500,000 USD|
|Variants|| Séries I|
|Specifications (Séries III)|
|Weight|| Séries III: |
|Length|| Séries III: |
|Crew||3 (Commander, gunner, driver)|
|Armor||Laminated steel/ceramic/composite mixture along with modular armor packages|
| Séries I/II/III: GIAT CN120-26/52 |
| AA-33/CL coaxial|
AA-33/CL on an RWS mount
|Engine|| 8-cylinder diesel engine|
1,500 horsepower (1,100 kW)
|Power/weight||22.8 hp/t (16.7 kW/t)|
|Transmission||Automatic SESM ESM500|
|Fuel capacity||1,300 ℓ (1,700 ℓ with fuel drums)|
|550 km (650 km with fuel drums)|
The AMX Napoleon is the main battle tank of the Sieuxerrian Army. It is a third generation main battle tank designed in the early 1980s to replace the AMX-45. Due to its expensive electro-optical gunnery system, the use of titanium and other composite materials, has made the AMX Napoleon one of the most expensive main battle tanks in the world.
Variants and upgrades
- Séries I: First production model. 420 produced before being superseded by the Series II.
- Séries II: First produced in 2003, fixed a number of issues found with the previous Series I.
- Séries III: Current production model developed in 2006. Replaces most steel armor with titanium armor, and also adds additional thicker modular armor systems along with ERA along the sides of the turret.
- Séries III/A: Upgrade featuring improved electronics. Can be easily applied to any Series III standard Naploeon.
- AMX-64: Using the original Séries I production chassis, the AMX-64 was designed to provide armored formations with heavy reconnaissance abilities along with a secondary role in supporting tanks in situations that the tanks may be at a disadvantage.
- AMX Levavasseur: Using a modified Leclerc chassis, The Levavasseur is loosely defined as an 'Advanced Third Generation Tank' due to its new technology, however its still applied to a modified AMX Napoleon chassis.
- AMX Napoleon Anti-Air: AMX Napoleon chassis modified with an 8-tube SMUG-AA launcher.
- Engin Principal du Génie: Armored combat engineering vehicle.
- Dépanneur du Char Napoléon: Armored recovery vehicle.