ATTENTION: IIWIKI.US IS NOW AVAILABLE,
AND IS WHERE ALL FURTHER EDITS ARE TO BE MADE.
PLEASE VISIT THE DISCORD OR NS FORUM THREAD FOR MORE INFORMATION
| | Ostry
is an island in the Sturhlundic archipelago
organised as the National Territory of Ostry, a national territory
of the United Republic of Navack
. Ostry possesses the right of self-governance in most domestic affairs, although as a territory the local government receives fewer responsibilities than that of a state. The Ostric regional government is headed by the Regional Administrator
, who is considered the head of government
and main executive role on the island. They are elected by popular vote in a two-round system
every four years, with a limit of two terms in office.
Ostry is located in the eastern arm of the Sturhlundic archipelago, close to Glanish waters. The island, 310 square kilometres in size, is dominated by hills and mountains, which occupy the central portion of the island. Its highest peak, Biôła Góra, rests at 497 m (1631 ft) above sea level, and is considered a dormant volcano. Due to Ostry's hilly terrain, as well as its arctic climate, most of the island's population resides on the coast, primarily in the flatter southern portion. There are two main sources of water on the island, Lake Sóli and Lake Alicjë, both created by melting snow flowing from the mountain. Ostry, despite being by far the most populated island in the Sturhlundic chain, is considered one of the archipelago's smaller islands. (See more...)
- IIWiki is now on Patreon! If you can spare a dollar or two to help us obtain and maintain a better system to manage our community's load, please consider it.
- Welcome FAKOLANA as our newest staff member! Feel free to beat him to resolve front-end issues.
- PLEASE limit your image uploads to ease server load. Imgur, Commons, and Wikipedia are still the preferred image hosts. Do not upload regional maps.
- Please do not blank pages. If you no longer want an article, request its deletion. Also remember to request deletion of images you are not using in articles. Your help will improve IIWiki stability!
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines is seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- Please review our Standards and Conventions page before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.
In the News
- During the national sports events of "Des Goms Neviersýans", at least seven people were found dead in central Djurma, Neviersia due to a gun shooting from foreigners, another seventeen injured.
- LGBT+ rights extremists detonate a bomb in central Frankenlisch, Vionna-Frankenlisch, during the Frankenlisch Marathon, killing 24 and injuring 43, including King James.
- Tito Pérez (pictured) wins the Santa Rosan presidential election to become the 27th President of Santa Rosa.
- Cuirpthe declares war on the Republic of Folksland, a separatist state in Newrey, in response to an invasion of the Eallsabh region.
- Surveyor 1, launched by Moku'aina and the first lunar lander in Versutian history, lands in the Moon's Mare Procellarum.
- President Tobón announces a referendum to amend the Constitution of Carloso and make Christianity the state religion.
- Steven McCarthy wins a landslide victory over Vladimir Perry to become the 9th President of the Radiatian Federation.
In the News of the Future