The HTA-02 Jaguar II
is a third-generation main battle tank
designed and fielded by the Republic of Carthage
and the Gozen Shogunate. It is named for the original T-42 Jaguar tank, the first electric tank fielded by Carthage, which entered service in 1943 and served successfully until the mid-1950s, when it was replaced by the conventionally-powered T-54 Lion. A successor to the HTA-01 Rhinoceros
, the Jaguar is designed with improved firepower, armor and mobility over its predecessor, although it is significantly heavier, at 64 tonnes in its lightest configuration. It is the first Carthaginian main battle tank to not be named after one of the Big Five game
Development began in the mid-1990s, and the tank was approved for initial introduction in 2011. Production continues as of 2014 and it is expected the Jaguar II will replace the Rhinoceros in most roles by 2018. It currently serves alongside the improved HTA-01DM, which incorporates some of the electronics improvements implemented in the Jaguar II. It is expected to remain the principal battle tank of Carthage through at least 2040 in upgraded forms. (More...)
- PLEASE limit your image uploads to ease server load. Imgur, Commons, and Wikipedia are still the preferred image hosts. Do not upload regional maps.
- Welcome to the new server; please excuse any lag as people upload their images. Please whitelist this site in your adblock tool; IIWiki is maintained solely by ad revenue.
- Please do not blank pages. If you no longer want an article, request its deletion. Also remember to request deletion of images you are not using in articles. Your help will improve IIWiki stability!
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines is seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- The Standards and Conventions page has recently been created. Please review before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.