The history of Chelta
began with the arrival of the Parmars, the indigenous people of the island of Chelta
, who are believed to have first arrived from the Madayan Subcontinent around 4000 BC. An Iron Age Parmar culture developed and evolved in the Cheltish environment over five and a half millennia, including a distinct Parmar language. Throughout this time Chelta was also visited by traders and explorers from the Orient civilisations, such as the Macanese and Madayan civilisations.
The first Rhodean contact with Chelta is attributed to the Brentish Captain Henry Brooke, who discovered Chelta in April 1510 and claimed the island for the Brentish Crown. Brentish colonist settlement of Chelta ensued in 1522, when a penal colony was established at the location of what is now the city of Chelsea. Other colonial settlements were established in other locations around the island, mostly along the coast.
In 1700, the Cheltish colonial Parliament went to war with the imperial Brentish Crown over King Richard III's alleged violation of the rights of Parliament. The war ended with Parliament's victory in 1706, which was the catalyst for Parliament's declaration of Chelta's independence. The newly independent Realm of Chelta steadily became more influential in the world, both politically and economically, over the 18th Century, especially with its roles in conflicts such as the Umbrian Wars and the Archipelago War. More...
- The IIwiki Server has been upgraded to handle all the increased demand!
- Issues involving Lua such as "Template:Infobox political post" seem to be resolved. Requests for new template importations are now being accepted.
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines has been increase from five to seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- The Standards and Conventions page has recently been created. Please review before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.
In the News
From left to right: Raffen's Karen Merkel, Rustonia's Frank Logasky, and West Dakos' Richard Weiss, surging Lib Dem challengers in the 2014 Belhavian Imperial Senate election
- The nuclear power plant of Epinelet, in Francilie, explodes, triggering a radioactive cloud big as Pavonistade.
- Public opinion polls in the Empire of New Belhavia show several Liberal Democrats gaining ground on incumbent Conservatives in several swing provinces for the upcoming elections for the Imperial Senate. Election watchers and political prognosticators predict the opposition Lib Dems to pickup several seats in the Conservative-led Senate in this year's midterm elections.
- Peace accords have concluded on Corsicor between Gibberan and New Zepuha signalling the end of a nearly two month long conflict that has claimed well over five thousand lives. The Ministry of Defense of New Zepuha has issued formal apology for instigating the conflict and the Minister has since been placed on trial for abuse of power and criminal neglect.
- Lipnitian president Robert Milenov (pictured) publicly comes out as bisexual, causing homophobic critics across the nation to take to the streets in protest. The president said not accepting others' sexual orientation is unacceptable and sent police units to fight the homophobes.
- An outbreak of Toloupum Fever continues without restraint in True Arctica, infecting over 120 people and killing 9 as of August 4.
- Comments made by Britannon PM Edward Field in support of WETO membership spark a coalition row in Britanno, with President Flecther dismissing the new Conservative policy as "ludicrous".
In the News of the Future
- The Galactic League is founded on Azeban, part of the Sandail System.
- The Korosian Robotic Empire begins the deportation of citizens of the Korosian Sector in Reserdan to what they call relocation centers.
- The War of the Pizzas has started between the Ausitorian Reality and the Pizza Parlour at the End of the Universe over a continuously overwritten incident.
- The Veronans (United Regions of Verona) await peace talks for the 22nd civil war, which has enwrapped almost all the nation for just over a year.
- The Smoyan people prepare to vote for their next president.