The history of Chelta
began with the arrival of the Parmars, the indigenous people of the island of Chelta
, who are believed to have first arrived from the Madayan Subcontinent around 4000 BC. An Iron Age Parmar culture developed and evolved in the Cheltish environment over five and a half millennia, including a distinct Parmar language. Throughout this time Chelta was also visited by traders and explorers from the Orient civilisations, such as the Macanese and Madayan civilisations.
The first Rhodean contact with Chelta is attributed to the Brentish Captain Henry Brooke, who discovered Chelta in April 1510 and claimed the island for the Brentish Crown. Brentish colonist settlement of Chelta ensued in 1522, when a penal colony was established at the location of what is now the city of Chelsea. Other colonial settlements were established in other locations around the island, mostly along the coast.
In 1700, the Cheltish colonial Parliament went to war with the imperial Brentish Crown over King Richard III's alleged violation of the rights of Parliament. The war ended with Parliament's victory in 1706, which was the catalyst for Parliament's declaration of Chelta's independence. The newly independent Realm of Chelta steadily became more influential in the world, both politically and economically, over the 18th Century, especially with its roles in conflicts such as the Umbrian Wars and the Archipelago War. More...
- The IIwiki Server has been upgraded to handle all the increased demand!
- Issues involving Lua such as "Template:Infobox political post" seem to be resolved. Requests for new template importations are now being accepted.
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines has been increase from five to seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- The Standards and Conventions page has recently been created. Please review before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.
In the News
- Ikora's Financial Committee and Director Korionalus Vaeron condemns the rising tensions between Peitoa and Namor during the 2014 Ikora Corporate Summit and has declared that neither country will receive support and the Corporation has terminated economic ties to both parties.
- Peitoa captures another vessel from mainland Namor, this time a fishing vessel, allegedly after a shootout occurred. The Namorese government condemned the capture and reiterated its threats of military action.
- In the West Cedarbrook South State gubernatorial race, accusations have flown since the start of the week, between Libertarian incumbent James Prenevaou and Conservative challenger Linda Dautrieve. Governor Prenevaou has been struggling all week to explain the 80.9 Million Zug shortfall in the State's Emergency Equipment Purchase Fund.
- Radical separatists strikes IMI-5 Headquarters at the historic Laurenne District in the heart of Gristol-Serkonos' capital city of Rien-Stadt, C.D.. Attack leaves 34 dead including IMI-5 Director Steven Raymond.
- Prime Minister Yula Zimya of Ghant (pictured) loses a no confidence vote by two votes in the Legebiltzarra, forcing a general election to take place on September 1, 2014.
- The Qianrongese military has successfully tested a ten-kiloton nuclear weapon within its national waters, according to the nation's Ministry of Information.
In the News of the Future
- The Korosian Robotic Empire begins the deportation of citizens of the Korosian Sector in Reserdan to what they call relocation centers.
- The War of the Pizzas has started between the Ausitorian Reality and the Pizza Parlour at the End of the Universe over a continuously overwritten incident.
- The Veronans (United Regions of Verona) await peace talks for the 22nd civil war, which has enwrapped almost all the nation for just over a year.
- The Smoyan people prepare to vote for their next president.
- The Third Federation of Danarian Clans and the Ularn Interstellar Federation have opened official channels, in direct response to friction over a star system called Deimoss, claimed by the Ularni. In response the Danarian Federation and the Ularn Federation have agreed to a joint venture in the system.